Clare Grove’s exquisitely illustrated book ‘My Mummy Loves Shoes’ is guaranteed to bring a smile to the face of even the most fashion-fearing, fatigued multi-tasking mother, yummy or otherwise.
Each page of this beautifully presented, gently humorous treasure takes the reader on a whimsical journey through mummy’s collection of footwear, from the sensible to the simply sublime. Fashionistas will enjoy playing spot the Choos, Manolos or Miu Mius amongst jewel-encrusted moon lit skies and tropical rainforests, and for the children there’s a little red shoe hidden on each page.
This delightful story is ultimately about more than just shoes, it’s an illustration of love. A must for every grown up little girl who remembers the world of magic within mummy’s wardrobe, and perfect for sharing with the next generation of little feet tottering about in mummy’s heels and lipstick.
Prepare to be enchanted.
- Clare Grove has a problem: a shoe problem. Her first book, My Mummy Loves Shoes which features watercolours depicting one mother’s envy-inducing collection of footwear. The book has been a hit – a fashion editor at British Vogue even ordered a copy.
- Her first book is beautifully illustrated, detailing the fantastical colours and textures of some of her 200 pairs of shoes, including designs by Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo.
- We love to celebrate clever New Zealander’s! “My Mummy Loves Shoes” is a beautiful children’s book written and illustrated by NZ author Clare Grove on our favourite subject!!
- Sunday Dress – One of the most fabulous things to come across my desk recently is a book by Auckland based author and illustrator Clare Grove, My Mummy Loves Shoes. Definitely worth checking out for every budding fashionista out there.
- Oh the trouble I’d be in if I had been exposed to such beautiful things in print so early on in life. It’s going to become a yummy mummy baby shower essential. You heard it here first.
- Illustrator Clare Grove creates her books for children, but there’s little doubt the fashion-mad grown-ups who read them enjoy them just as much.