Clare Grove’s exquisitely illustrated book ‘My Mummy Loves Shoes’ is guaranteed to bring a smile to the face of even the most fashion-fearing, fatigued multi-tasking mother, yummy or otherwise.
Each page of this beautifully presented, gently humorous treasure takes the reader on a whimsical journey through mummy’s collection of footwear, from the sensible to the simply sublime. Fashionistas will enjoy playing spot the Choos, Manolos or Miu Mius amongst jewel-encrusted moon lit skies and tropical rainforests, and for the children there’s a little red shoe hidden on each page.
This delightful story is ultimately about more than just shoes, it’s an illustration of love. A must for every grown up little girl who remembers the world of magic within mummy’s wardrobe, and perfect for sharing with the next generation of little feet tottering about in mummy’s heels and lipstick.
Prepare to be enchanted.
- For the Love of Shoes. This is one of the prettiest books we’ve seen in a long time. Your little fashionista can hunt out the small red shoe hidden on each page, while you ogle the exquisitely illustrated Jimmy Choos and Manolo Blahniks.
- Illustrator Clare Grove creates her books for children, but there’s little doubt the fashion-mad grown-ups who read them enjoy them just as much.
- Dear Clare, Thank you for the beautiful books, definitely something my boys all agree on! It was lovely to spy my shoes beautifully illustrated thank you for including me. Warm regards, Charlotte.
- We love to celebrate clever New Zealander’s! “My Mummy Loves Shoes” is a beautiful children’s book written and illustrated by NZ author Clare Grove on our favourite subject!!
- Oh the trouble I’d be in if I had been exposed to such beautiful things in print so early on in life. It’s going to become a yummy mummy baby shower essential. You heard it here first.
- Her first book is beautifully illustrated, detailing the fantastical colours and textures of some of her 200 pairs of shoes, including designs by Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo.